As e-commerce disrupts brick and mortar retail, it is also dramatically changing logistics and supply chains, that, in turn, are fueling significant industrial development of large distribution centers. Right here in Southern Nevada, we have already seen evidence of these changes with a plethora of new and planned industrial and logistics projects.
The media is invited to a very exclusive media roundtable to learn more about this trend. Please join David Egan, CBRE Head of Industrial & Logistics Research, the Americas, and Darin Melott, CBRE Director of Research and Analysis, the Southwest Region, for a conversation about significant national and regional trends shaping industrial development. The findings of their research will be followed by a discussion led by CBRE’s Las Vegas brokers Kevin Higgins, Executive Vice President, Industrial & Logistics and Donna Alderson, Senior Vice President, Industrial & Logistics, along with J.J. Peck, Research Manager who will localize these trends and discuss the state of industrial and logistics in Las Vegas.
- Date: Tuesday, July 18 @ 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Location: CBRE, 3993 Howard Hughes Parkway, Suite 700 | Las Vegas, NV 89169
- RSVP: Lisa Robinson, 702.326.0334, firstname.lastname@example.org
A few of the highlights include:
- Spending growth for core consumer products, continuing gains in e-commerce sales and consumer confidence nearing pre-recession highs are driving warehouse demand in 2017.
- The 44.9 million square feet of new construction delivered nationwide in Q1 exceeded user demand, ending a 26-quarter streak of supply/demand imbalance dating back to 2010.
- E-commerce is fueling high rates of construction in Las Vegas.